PYEX-EP-RTD is an Ex certified plastic enclosure kit assembled with RTD sensor probe for both ambient sensing and pipeline sensing. It is designed and manufactured to meet all the technical requirements from relevant standards for the use in hazardous location such as petrochemical plant, gas plants, ship-building and off-shore plant etc, as well as for the best permormance of electrical trace heating cable system.
The plastic enclosure is made of fiberglass-reinforced polyester for ultimate thermal endurance and mechanical strength. The enclosure surface is UV resistant and electrically-conductive having 109ohm to reduce the static hazard risk.
Each kit includes an IP67 rated junction box and 2.5mm² terminal block. Ex certified RTD sensor probe enters into the enclosure through M16 metallic cable gland with compression seal. The length of mineral insulated RTD sensing probe can be extended up to 2m for convenient installation on site. The pipe-and wall-mount bracket are sold separately for easy installation.
- Protection Type : Ex e IIC Gb
- Ingress Protection : IP64
(when assembled with trace heating cable)
- Impact Strength : 7J
- Temperature Rating : T6 to T2
(T-Rating varies depending on the type of heating cable and sensor probe. Refer to installation manual.)
- Surface Resistance : <109Ω
- Flammability L Self-extinguishing UL94/V-0
- Maximum conductor size for terminal : 2.5mm²
- M16 metallic cable gland for compression fitting
- The length of RTD sensing probe : Max. 2.0m
- Enclosure dimension 122 x 120 x 90mm